Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 216



Blurb: It's time to eat some expensive food for free.

Backstory: If you've learned anything about me by reading this it's that I like the less than finer things in life. My normal attire is based around yoga pants and I eat food that's similar to what teens enjoy. This is not to say that I don't enjoy the finer things in life; an expensive handbag, seared scallops, a nice glass of wine but they're just not things I indulge in regularly.
I start out by telling you this because tonight I spent some time with the civilized folk at the Taste of Columbus. It's a fancy event where the best restaurants in Columbus present little tasting plates and local spirit makers give out tiny samples. This all raises money for the Ohio Health network, so the fanciest people in town show up to socialize with their friends and semi-friends. Tickets are $50 each, a price I normally wouldn't pay but I got to go for free.
The event was amazing. I had some great scallops in a rich French sauce, corn fritters with basil jelly and lobster and of course my favorite, Jeni's ice cream. Along with the food I got to try some great micro-distillery spirits made here in Columbus. They had a really smooth tasting honey vanilla vodka and I'm actually going to buy a bottle of later. I've very glad I went, but I'm even happier that I didn't pay to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment