Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 215



Blurb: Another day another magazine.

Backstory: Happy monthly editorial meeting from 614 magazine. This isn't going to be a busy month for me, which can be a good or bad thing. The most interesting assignment to come from the meeting is actually for next month, I'll be competing in one of Columbus' many eating challenges for October's cover story. Three other people will be tackling a burrito, hot dog mess and hot wings; for my part I'll be taking on a seven and a half pound omelet at the Hang Over Easy on OSU's campus.
I've always been fascinated by competitive eating for many reasons; the worshipping of gluttony, the people covered in hot messes and the food. It's hilarious and exhilarating at the same time. During my 30-minute contest I must put down an omelet consisting of 12 eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, sausage gravy and five biscuits. I'd like everyone to know I don't like peppers or onions and I only like tomatoes on occasion. I'm pretty much doing this because it will be hilarious and I've always secretly wanted to gorge myself.
Needless to say the odds are stacked against me. My normal egg breakfast consists of three eggs, a slice of cheese, ketchup and toast on the side. I would estimate this omelet is about 10 times what I eat. So far 53 people have tried and all have failed, one guy even failed twice. I'll let everyone know when I'm doing this so you can all come and cheer me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment