Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 73



Blurb: It's time to get serious, people! And you better pick Ohio State.

Backstory: There's something about March Madness that brings out the best and worst in me. I don't know if it's the college sports or the office gambling, but I get really excited to fill out my bracket.
My strategy for picking teams is pretty traditional and NOT based on mascots and colors, as you might think. The majority of my picks are based on how the teams have done for me in previous brackets. The second factor is the conference, I prefer Big Ten teams for obvious reasons. Needless to say I've entered my fair share of pools (this year is no exception)and I've done halfway decent.
I still think about my 2003 bracket in my friend Alan's pool where I placed second. More importantly, I would have finished first had it not been for Zach Bond. We were sitting in history class and he heard my say my final total score and he picked on point higher. And he said, "I'll pick one higher than you just to see what happens." Well you can guess what happened, we were tied going into the final game and the final score was his pick.
Now coming back from that tangent to my current bracket. I have Ohio State winning the whole thing, I would be a bad Buckeye fan if I didn't. Also in my final four: San Diego State, Pitt and Kansas. I only picked three upsets in the first round and every final four team I picked is a one seed except San Diego State. This is a descent bracket but it seems pretty common so I don't know if it will we me the big money. A girl can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment