Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 71



Blurb: Jenny is a darts champion. I got my ass owned.

Backstory: Sometimes the best laid plans go array. Tonight we tried to go to the Ohio Roller Girls' first home match but when we got there it was sold out. My little sister Jenny, her boyfriend and I tried to go to a couple places to eat but they were packed. I was a little disheartened by this all until we finally settled on Momma's Pasta and Brew.
During college I lived off campus for three years and only about three blocks away from Momma's, but I never went there. Actually, I did go there once on senior crawl because it's a tradition to kiss the moose there. It's quite a sad thing that I never went there because it's a great little place. There are less than ten table plus a little bar, the interior is all wood and there are all pictures all around. It's been a campus staple for decades and now I realize why.
When you go in you're instantly taken back and time becomes irrelevant. We ordered a pizza and a pitcher and settled in for a game of darts. Tonight I learned while my sister has poor form, she is very good at darts. The first game she beat AJ and I by a lot and the second game she only beat me by about 40 points. It was great to spend some time on campus reliving my time in college even though I went to a place I never went in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment