Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 69



Blurb: I can finally check going to the Waffle House before work off my bucket list.

Backstory: Today was pretty much a complete wash. We've been having meetings at work this week that have been lasting until almost noon which is two hours past when I normally leave. This is every hard on my body's clock so I decided to sleep through the day on Thursday and get up a little before 11pm. This picture was taken late in the day but still technically on day 69.
Since I started working the overnight shift I've wanted to get up and go have a nice breakfast before heading into the office. This hasn't been possible because I normally get up at 11:30 and I have to be at work at midnight. Today I was able to check this off my to-do list by heading to the Waffle House at 11:15.
There's nothing that makes you feel more salt of the earth than having a woman named Dolly serve you a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich with hash browns fresh off the grill. If I was smart I would have gotten there a little earlier so I didn't have to rush through my experience. In my head I imagine this is what great writers do; they sit with a cup of coffee at an all night dinner writing pieces of their next novel in their trusty moleskin. Obviously I'm not in their class so I just scarfed down my food and headed out. By I still enjoyed thinking that's what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment