Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 211



Blurb: I'm becoming a regular movie watcher.

Backstory: I'm the first to admit it, I've never had amazing taste in movies. I prefer slap stick and gross humor over Oscar winners any day of the week. This is something you could probably predict by looking at the ticket stub pictured in today's post: Bad Teacher. It fit perfectly into my type casting categories, just like the other movie I saw this year, Bridesmaids.
This movie was exactly like I expected; short, kind of funny and very predictable. While that may sound like a negative review, it wasn't that bad. I went pretty much assuming that's what the movie could be like and my assumptions were confirmed within the first five minutes when greedy Cameron Diaz is dumped by her rich fiance and forced to go back to teaching.
From the moment Jason Segel is introduced as the gym teacher, who also likes to make fun of people, you know they're going to end up together. As for Justin Timberlake, I wasn't really a fan of his character and the performance was so-so. People are saying he's the next big comedy star but I'm not so sure. This was just something about his performance that was very fake.
Overall I'm glad I saw the movie because it was nice, simple time where I could just zone out and laugh. There were no expectations, and many times that can turn out to be a very good thing. What I'm trying to say is if you go see this movie just turn your brain off and enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment