Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 203



Blurb: Happy restaurant week!

Backstory: I love restaurant week, but this time around I haven't been able to hit up as many places. While this is disappointing it's good for my waistline and my wallet, which both have a habit of expanding during this week. Tonight my friend Vanessa (see two weeks ago for Sunday brunch at Lindey's) went to a new Italian restaurant called Cibo. The evening did start out with a fail; we originally planned to go to Moretti's in Upper Arlington but apparently you needed reservations, so we headed to Cibo instead.
I was pleasantly surprised by this little place. It was one of the three we'd passed over to go to Moretti's but it proved its worth. The appetizer I had was some sort of fried risotto with prosciutto, and it was amazing. The texture was fantastic and who doesn't love fried pasta filled with meat. Next was the handmade gnocchi, which was good but not the stand out of the meal. This was followed by a scoop of chocolate hazelnut ice cream that was a nice smooth ending to the meal. If you're looking for a little place to go in northwest Columbus, I'd recommend it especially because the owners are really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment