Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 182



Blurb: In real life you can't pick up a Smurf because there's actually a person in there.

Backstory: Today marks the halfway point in the year, and I actually did something pretty cool, even if it was unintentional. The Smurfs movie is coming out this weekend and part of the promotional campaign was bring in three little costumed characters to play with our anchors. This is me with Papa Smurf, Smurfette and Clumsy Smurf. The funniest thing about this is that each of these characters is actually a high school cheerleader. The costumes require a very specific size: you have to be under 5'3 and under a size four and of course the perfect sized person for this is a high school cheerleader.
It was extremely cute because they couldn't see very well with the costume heads on so we had to lead them around. So I was holding a little smurf hand and walking them through the studio. It's probably one of the funniest things I've ever done just because you know these are high school girls, yet these are your favorite characters from childhood come to life. So in my mind I'm just going to pretend that I was holding hands with the real Clumsy Smurf.

No comments:

Post a Comment