Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 169



Blurb: Call me a snob, but I don't want tomatoes grown in a green house.

Backstory: This morning I decided to hit the farmer's market for the first time this season. I was seriously disappointed in the North Market's showing. They had very few booths and out of the ones that were there most were selling flowers. I'm sorry but when I go to a farmers market I'm looking for an ample selection of produce, especially berries because they're in season.
The last time I went to the North Market's Saturday morning farmers market the selection was pretty good. It was towards the end of the fall season and there was an extensive selection of good quality produce. As you can imagine, my dreams of having a fantastic morning filling my bag with the best food were dashed. I didn't buy any fruits or veggies, just a breakfast crepe and a coffee. I'm going to give the market another chance but not until July or August. In the mean time I'm going to try a couple different markets in Grandview and Worthington, I'm hoping they'll be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment