Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 158



Blurb: We meet again old friend.

Backstory: My friend Kerri is doing a Real Simple magazine challenge called 30 days of creativity. It's just what it says, she does a creative thing every day for a month. That could mean baking, drawing, crafting anything that really gets her juices going. She wanted me to do it with her but I'm a bit of a chicken and I don't think I can handle that kind of commitment. I already have trouble posting on this blog every day.
But I was inspired by her launch into the world of creativity, so I decided to reunite with a product I've been working on for almost two years: a quilt. I can't even remember when I started this thing, I just remember starting it while I was unemployed back in 2009. When I moved to DC the little squares were put in my mom's sewing room where they've been eagerly awaiting my return.
I've decided this is going to be the summer I finish the quilt. It's about time I followed through on a creative project (honestly, followed through on any project). Only a few more squares need to be made then the quilt can be assembled and the border added. So here's to achieving one of my 2011 goals: to follow through more.

No comments:

Post a Comment