Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 295



Blurb: I mean I know Schmidt's is popular but really?

Backstory: Since moving to German Village I've seen more tourists than when I lived in Washington. People love to stroll through the neighborhood, especially on the weekends. You can see them wandering around the streets, and many come with cameras to take pictures of doors and flowers. Another thing they love to do: go to Schmidt's. For those of you unfamiliar with the restaurant, it's one of the most famous restaurants in Columbus. The Schmidt family has owned a slaughter house in the city since the late 1800s and they opened their restaurant in 1960.
It's the biggest attraction by far in German Village, but I never realized how many people went there until this weekend. Tonight Megan and Brian came over to check out the new place and have dinner. I thought it would be fun to have dinner there because it's such a German Village thing to do; the only problem was hundreds of other people had the same idea. The wait was an hour and a half and something tells me that was a conservative estimate. We're not the type to wait so we walked down the block to the Mohawk and had dinner. Yes, I've eaten there two nights in a row and no, I'm not ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment