Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 293



Blurb: The heat is on.

Backstory: My little house has been pretty cold for about the last two weeks, but I'm cold all the time so when I get even colder it wasn't a big deal. This week I've turned my heating blanket up a notch and even brought out the tiny space heater. But last night things got super cold even for me, and that's when things clicked: I might need to turn on the heater. I really wanted to see how long I could go without turning on the heat, just because I thought it would be fun to be a hard ass. It also helped that I didn't really know how to turn on the heat.
So after deciding I was really cold, I decided to ask everyone at work and do a facebook poll to see how many people had already turned on their heat. I was really surprised by the results; out of the 20 people surveyed I found only about 5 of them hadn't turned on the heat. It became even more apparent that I needed to turn on the furnace when I went to my parent's house and my dad asked why the hell I didn't have it on.
After that discussion I went home and turned on the heat. I hadn't realized just how cold the place was until I looked at the thermometer and it was about 52 degrees inside. Within 3 hours of clicking on the furnace the temperature had jumped to 68 degrees and I'd realized how cold my place really was. Moral of the story: it was really cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment