Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 294



Blurb: Now for another edition of meeting my neighbors.

Backstory: Everyday I walk the Old Mohawk with Sadie. When we reach the restaurant I know it's time to turn left or right and start heading home. I'd be lying if I didn't say I looked longingly at the restaurant, wishing I went there everyday. It's a really cool place that's been almost continuously running since the 1910s. Back during prohibition it was a brothel and it's rumored Al Capone went there. This only adds to the fact that I want to eat there.
I've only been to the Mohawk once and that was almost 7 years ago when I was a sophomore in college and my internship coordinators took me there for my goodbye lunch. What's funny is I had almost the exact same thing then as I did tonight; a grilled cheese sandwich. The only difference was I got soup instead of chips and a beer. I don't think I did the best order but I was a little full. Both mom and dad's meals looked better, so I look forward to going there again and improving my order.

No comments:

Post a Comment