Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 56



Blurb: It's one of the least glamorous places in the world, but it's definitely my favorite.

Backstory: The best thing about Friday nights is that I know I'm going to sleep about ten hours in total darkness. This is really the only cure for the kind of exhaustion you get working from midnight to 9 am, especially when you have a rough week. Today weather and macaroni and cheese descended on my life in a mass ball of chaos. If it had been one or the other I would have been able to handle it but together it makes for a day when you just want to say fuck it and head to bed.
Today the chef judge for the mac and cheese cook off told me my dish tasted like prison food. He is clearly full of shit. We did a blind taste test in the newsroom and the consensus was "it's not prison food." Granted, it probably helped that I was standing over them like a warden with my ladle.
Now it's all over and I am moving on to a happy weekend. This is one of those days where there's nothing to say. It was a long day filled with news jargon and I'm moving on. Here's to a good night's sleep and tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment