Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 52



Blurb: Je suis la jeune fille.

Backstory: Right now I'm a pack of cigarettes and a beret away from meeting my lover in the 18th arrondissement for drinks at a wine bar. At least that's what I'd like to thing. What you see here are somethings I've either found around the house, purchased or received for Christmas that relate to getting me to Paris. Right now the plan is to go sometime in September or October. I don't know who I'm going with or if I'm going with anyone but when the time comes I'll be ready.
For Christmas this year my big gift was level one French on Rosetta Stone. I took French for three years in high school and a year for college, but that whole time period was the equivalent of my Jackson Pollack period of learning. I just kind of threw knowledge at my brain and some of it stuck. Luckily I've remembered basic construction and some of the more important phrases and words but nothing enough to converse in the language. I can the big things: directions, food and money. Outside of that I'm in the woods.
I installed Rosetta Stone tonight almost two months after Christmas, I have no clue why it took me so long to do this and I'm a little embarrassed it did. I didn't do a lesson tonight, that comes tomorrow. Also in the picture, a map of Paris I bought with Christmas money, a copy of Amelie (a lot of people learn English from Police Academy movies), a book about dirty French that was my sister's, a copy of National Geographic about the world under Paris and finally an international best seller by two French philosophers. Once I ingest all this I'll be ready to go! Vive la Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment