Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 40




Blurb: Why, hello there. I'm Bailey and if I wasn't wearing a sweatshirt I'd be ready to do your taxes.

Backstory: Today was a big day for me. I've ended my decade long relationship with L'Oreal Preference Creme Box 6RB. This has been my trademark color since I was about fifteen. After over two hours at the salon that has been wiped off my hair along with four inches.
Long, red hair has always been my thing. For some weird reason I've always been drawn to it. The obsession started with my aunt Shirley's long, red hair she sported in the 80s and kept showing up in my favorite actresses and singers, i.e. Reba McEntire and Better Midler. These three ladies all had what I wanted, the vibrant curly hair that just stood out from the crowd. It's something I've worked on perfecting for a long time but today I'm moving on from that obsession for some reason.
On Friday something it me. I normally don't get my hair cut unless there's some extreme reason or urge. After a few too many bad cuts I try to avoid the salon chair as much as possible. But I got the strong urge on Friday to part with my trademark color and a few inches. Something just said it was time to move on. I'm interested to see if this will be a trend in the year to come, parting ways with things from the past. Hopefully I'll be able to part with the 40 unwanted pounds I'm carrying around.
Right now the color is a little dark, the stylist said it would start to fade in about two to four weeks. So we'll have to see how I feel about it then. Either way I'll be interested to see if this can help me get back to my original color. Maybe there's something said to having virgin hair. Kind of like the old saying make new friends but keep the old, one is silver but the other's gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment