Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39



Blurb: Either of the following will work as captions: "Suck it Trebek" or "That's not what your mother said last night."

Backstory: Let's just say the last 10 minutes have been very surprising, eye opening and a bit humbling. For past few years I've been thinking about auditioning for Jeopardy. My entire life I've been a know-it-all with a smart mouth and it seems like the best place to actually test my skills.
Tonight I may have just been schooled. The official contestant test was held at 8pm sharp and was 50 questions of facts I only half knew. I really thought I had a serious shot at doing decent on the test but this may not be true. Chances are I only got about 30% of the questions right. There were definitely more wrong answers than right.
On the test there are 50 questions and you get 15 seconds to answer each one. You can choose to submit your answer before the time is up or let the computer take it for you. The questions were all over the map ranging from Swedish Oscar winners to Mongol emperors. Taking this small test has given me a knew found respect for Ken Jennings, and a much greater look at what I actually know.

No comments:

Post a Comment