Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44



Blurb: No concussion, check. No broken tailbone, check. All in all it was a good day on the slopes.

Backstory: Today was my second attempt at the slopes. Learning from my mistakes last time I tried skiing, and it's true it's much easier. Even though my shins and and calves are screaming I don't have the overall body pain that plagued me last time.
This picture was taken on the ski lift (yes, I made it onto a lift)for the beginner's hill. I felt a huge sense of accomplishment getting on the ski lift and making it down the hill without seriously hurting myself. Don't get me wrong, I had a few falls but nothing serious. It should be noted that the first time I went up the lift I almost had a panic attack because it reminds me of an old school Ferris wheel; something I'm very afraid of because I believe they can easily cause death by fall to the ground from crazy heights. Luckily this fear subsided and I was able to go up about five times without crying or screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment