Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 304



Blurb: Happy Halloween!

Backstory: I have to say I'm a bit of a sucker for Halloween. Not when it comes to me dressing up and going out, but when it comes to little kids putting on their favorite costumes and going trick-or-treating. To me this is the purest form of happiness for children; you get to dress up as your favorite character and load up on candy. I'm not ashamed to admit I went trick-or-treating until I was a senior in high school (what can I say, I like candy). Now as a grown up it's my turn to pass out candy and watch from the sidelines as the children enjoy themselves; this is something I'm surprisingly ok with. Even though I'm not getting the same experience as I used to, I get a second hand high off their sugar coated happiness.
This year I didn't pass out candy at my place in German Village because I didn't think there would be a lot of kids out, so I went to mom and dad's. The old neighborhood always has a good turn out and this year it seemed better because there are a lot of young children who live there. Most years mom and dad sit in the driveway and wait for kids but I wanted to watch Toddlers and Tiaras so I sat at the front door with the dogs. They were very excited to smell the bowl of candy, so I decided to do a mini-trick-or-treat for them. Whenever a group of kids came to the door the dogs got a small Milkbone treat. Needless to say no one tried to escape when I opened the door, my little chunks wanted their treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment