Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 326



Blurb: Getting my bake on.

Backstory: I hate to toot my own horn but I'm a pretty good baker. It all started when I took a Wilton cake decorating course a couple years ago, but I haven't been baking a lot this year. For some reason I haven't really felt the need, possibly because I become all consumed with making my baked goods perfect. But today I decided to break out my big ol' Kitchen Aid mixer and make my friend Stuart some birthday cupcakes.
It was surprisingly satisfying to bake again. I love the way cupcakes look and how they smell. It just excites all my senses and fills me with happiness. Sometimes baking can become cumbersome with all the different ingredients and clean up, but today that wasn't the case. I stayed up with the dishes, kept the dishes clean and created some beautiful treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment