Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20



Blurb: When I put on my glasses I magically start reading books for smart people.

Backstory: I don't feel smarter with my glasses on, but apparently they actually do make me look smarter. According to the British College of Optometrists, people who wear glasses look smarter and are more likely to find work. They give you that bookish, intellectual look that so many people covet. It's an interesting opinion when you consider how many people were made fun of for wearing them back in the day.
For the past three months I've been doing without the specs. Right after moving back from DC I lost my glasses. This has been a much bigger pain in the ass than I thought it would be because of sleeping a split shift. I've been sleeping five hours during the day then three later in the evening, taking out my contacts every time I need so sleep. I'm most happy about my new glasses because they're more conducive to spontaneous napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment