Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 270



Blurb: First homemade dinner in the new place.

Backstory: When I moved into my new place I had to get new pans because I have a convection stove top. The only pans I could find that would work were stainless steals ones, something I've never used. Tonight I attempted my first homemade dinner using my new plates and stove, let's just say it didn't go well. I've never cooked on pans that weren't nonstick and on a stove that wasn't gas. I burned the fish that I was cooking and left a lot of brown stuff on the veggies. There was just something about the whole experience that I couldn't control. It should be noted that I'm not a bad cook. When I spent a couple months unemployed two years ago I did most of the family cooking and became pretty good in the kitchen. Well, apparently this experience isn't translating. My new goal is to learn how to cook with these pans without making the house smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment