Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 252



Blurb: There's a first time for everything.

Backstory: It was a great night for baseball, especially because I've never been to Huntington Park. The Clippers opened this ballpark about two years ago, right when I was leaving for DC. I didn't necessarily agree with the park when it was being built because it closed the old Cooper stadium on the city's west side. It was a staple of my youth and I spent many great nights out there feeling like I was on the set of Bull Durham. But after going to this park for the first time I'm glad they built it.
The attendance was so much more than I'd ever seen at Cooper stadium and the facility itself is extremely nice. It feels like a major league ballpark, plus there are lots of open spaces to hang out. My friend Amy and I went there for the last Dime-a-Dog of the year, which is one of my favorite things ever. This is another event I haven't been to in years, so it was extremely exciting to finally get to go.
They only let you buy five hot dogs at a time because they're only a dime and they don't want you to overload and waste. I proudly ate four and a half of my five hot dogs and didn't feel that bad when I finished. My dime-a-dog night record is five, so I came pretty close to meeting it. I look forward to going to some more games next year that don't involve food promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment