Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 122



Blurb: Holding a moment of history.

Backstory: It's a saga that started almost ten years ago on my walk from second period to third period English. I saw my friend Lucas in the hallway and he said, "Man, someone hit the Twin Towers." Needless to say I didn't believe him until I entered room and saw the jaw dropping footage that's now ingrained in the American psyche.
This September will mark the ten year anniversary of 9/11. I'm not one to get overly emotion about the attacks but I am someone who appreciates a good retrospective. Just after 11pm last night President Obama announced Osama bin Laden had been killed in a special forces raid on his Pakistani compound. He masterminded that day that's so easy to remember plus a number of other attacks. It feels weird to rejoice in the death of another, but as Mark Twain said, "I've never wished death on a person, but there are some obituaries I enjoy reading more than others."

No comments:

Post a Comment